The L & K Group Plc was formed in April 2005 when the long-standing businesses of The Kendal and District Auction Mart Plc merged with Lancaster Farmers’ Auction Co Limited. The company owns both Lancaster Auction Mart site and the brand new J36 Rural Auction Centre as well as some commercial investment properties in Kendal. The company is owned by over 930 shareholders and employs over 70 staff (both full and part-time). The company is an unlisted Public Limited Company.
Trading from the auction mart sites is conducted via two wholly-owned subsidiary companies: North West Auctions Limited - operating the two livestock markets and 1818 Auctioneers fine art and antiques auctioneers and valuers - and NWA Professional and NWA Property, the rural surveyors and land agency division.
L&K Group has a board of 10 directors, meet the team or view forthcoming share sales here.