We are unique in the region for our sale facilities at J36 and online presence. The successful specialist and general household sales - run by our sister company, 1818 Auctioneers - regularly attract bidders from around the UK and beyond.
With 50% of all sales going to online bidders, as a seller you'll know that your items will reach a national and international audience.
Society of Fine Art Auctioneers & Valuers
1818 are members of SOFAA (Society of Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers) which means you can be sure of a professional service, particularly for high-value items. Everything is fully catalogued, photographed and placed online for real-time bidding at our live sale.
- Professional, knowledgeable staff.
- Experts in antiques, fine art, books, silver/gold and jewellery, toys, collectables and musical items.
- Experts in all fields of antiques, collectables and curios.
- Access to National and International publications for specialist promotion and reviews.
- Free pre-sale advice.
- Formal valuations conducted for all purposes (probate, divorce, tax etc.).
- Air conditioned saleroom providing all the comforts of a retail environment.
- On-site café provided by Café Ambio.
- Free large car park.
- Easy loading and unloading.
- Secure pre-sale storage (subject to availability).
- Full house clearance service available including impartial evaluation of saleable and non-saleable items.
- All sales fully photographed, catalogued and placed online with live bidding on the day of sale.
- Database of registered collectors of over 5000 clients.
- Sales held weekly.
- Regular valuation days held - come along with any item for a free valuation from the experts.
Curious about our name? Read more about 1818 Auctioneers.