Compulsory Purchase & Compensation

We have experience of working on both sides of compulsory purchase negotiations - for the property owner occupier and for the acquiring authority. If you are approached, as a landowner, by an acquiring authority - such as the Highways Agency, utilities companies or British Waterways - or their agents, your first step should be to give us a call. We can help you:

  • draw up the record of condition before work begins
  • negotiate with contractors and the acquiring authority before work begins
  • handle problems that occur during the work with the contractors, and
  • calculate the claim for compensation - to cover depreciation in land value for the land owner and for disturbance and crop or livestock loss for the occupier.

In most cases our fees will be paid by the acquiring authority. We also advise acquiring authorities, such as British Waterways, in some situations.

Stay Informed

Your Details

Your Interests (optional)

Additional Information