Fine Art & Antiques (1818 Auctioneers)
You'll find our sister company and very own ‘jewel in the crown’ located in a purpose built, bespoke saleroom and offices at J36 Rural Auction Centre.
We are asked about our name – this is simple, the auctioneers and valuers for ‘Kendal Auction’ were M B Hodgson and Son who were established in the year 1818. M B Hodgson remains part of the Group of Companies owned by our parent company L&K Group.
The staff at 1818 Auctioneers are all part of the NWA team and will be very happy to provide expert help and advice for any item you may wish to be valued or sold. If you are a shareholder in our parent company, L&K Group, you will be entitled to reduced vendor commission – please ask for details. If you are visiting the auction centre on any business, please call in to the saleroom – you are very welcome.
We are unique in the region for offering the level of facilities and online presence not matched anywhere locally. As members of SOFAA (Society of Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers) you know you are going to receive a professional service where higher value goods are fully catalogued, photographed and placed online for real-time bidding at our live sale. Over 30% of each of our sales goes to online bidders ensuring your goods are placed in front of both a national and international audience. Of course, there is nothing quite like coming to see us and bidding in the saleroom too.
Our unrivalled service, premises and facilities include the following:
- Professional knowledgeable staff.
- Experts in antiques, fine art, books, silver/gold and jewellery, toys, collectibles and musical items.
- Access to National and International publications for specialist promotion and reviews via our retained PR consultants.
- Free pre-sale advice.
- Formal valuations conducted for all purposes (probate, divorce, tax etc).
- Air conditioned saleroom providing all the comforts of a retail environment.
- On-site café provided by Café Ambio and Andrew Southcott Catering.
- Free large car park.
- Easy loading and unloading.
- Secure pre-sale storage (subject to availability).
- Full house clearance service available including impartial evaluation of saleable and non-saleable items.
- All fine art and antique sales fully photographed, catalogued and placed online with live bidding on the day of sale.
- Database of registered collectors of over 5000 clients.
- Regular catalogued household and interior sales held at least once per month.
- Regular valuation days held - come along with any item for a free valuation from the experts.
We also offer talks to interested groups including Womens’ Institute, Mothers Union, Young Farmers Clubs etc, plus Charity Auctions. Want us to speak at your event? Just ask and we will help.